Saudi Arabia visa check permits foreign nationals travelling to Saudi to determine about the visa validity and have a safe journey. The Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia (MOI KSA) has introduced several e-services to check visa status online by passport number.
Some online platforms to check KSA visa validity include the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Absher portal, the Muqeem portal and Enjazit. These online services help in tracking the application and stamping status, enquiring about validity of your exit/re-entry, work, family and, visit visa status.
Check the validity of exit/re-entry visa?
Checking the validity of your Saudi exit/re-entry or e-visa through the Muqeem portal is a quick and easy operation, regardless of whether you are a resident or visitor in Saudi Arabia.
Visitors and citizens can use the Muqeem site to verify the validity by entering either their visa or Iqama number and cross-referencing them with each other. This is an e-serve portal to check the status and to track the ksa exit/re-entry visa validity.
Using Muqeem, follow these steps:
- Go to the Muqeem website
- Fill out the Iqama number or visa number
- By using your passport number or date of birth, you can choose to cross-check your visa or Iqama number.
- Provide the information you prefer, and then press the “Check” button.
Once clicking the check button, the very next page shows details such as
- Visa status (valid or expired)
- Category and number
- Date of issue
- Return prior to the date
- Inside or outside Saudi Arabia
How to check Saudi Arabia Visit Visa Validity Online?
Using the e-portal Enjazit, applicants could link with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and can monitor the status online effectively. But now, this portal is not available. The next method to check the status is to visit the MOFA website. The steps are:
- Go to the MOFA website.
- To find the enquiry section, scroll down the webpage.
- In the box named “Query type” select “Order number or Visa document number or visa application number or research method”
- Enter the order number.
- In the “Record Number” box, enter your “residence number” or “national identity number.” Your Iqama number is this.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Please select “Enquiry”
How to check Saudi visa stamping status online with a passport number?
After submitting all the documents to the Saudi embassy, it is necessary to keep track of the stamping process. It is possible to check the stamping status online with the help of a passport number through the MOFA website (Enjazit is currently unavailable). The steps involved in the process are;
- Visit MOFA website
- Select English language
- On the homepage find the Query section
- Select “Visa Application number” from the Inquiry type
- Enter the application number
- Next enter your passport number
- Enter the captcha code and click the ‘Search’ button
- On the next page, your Saudi visa stamping status will be displayed.
You can also check the status of your visa on the MOI Absher website. The steps you must take are as follows:
- Log into your account by visiting the Absher portal
- Click “Inquiries” under “My Services.”
- Click “Passport” and then “Exit/Entry Visa Status.”
- Provide the following information: Iqama number, passport number or visa number, captcha code & sponsor id
- Choose View
How to check the status of Final Exit Visa?
If you are an ex-pat living in Saudi Arabia and want to permanently leave the country you need a Final Exit visa, also called Khurooj nihai. There are two ways to check the status of the Khurooj nihai – the MOL-KSA website or the Absher portal.
To check the Khurooj nihai status on the MOL website, follow these steps;
- Visit MOL website
- Enter your residency number, passport number or border number in the respective space
- Select the nationality
- Enter the Captcha code
- Press the green button
To check on the Absher portal;
- Visit the Absher website
- Select Individuals
- Choose the preferred language
- Log in to the Absher platform
- Go to the dashboard
- Click on “More details” under the name tab
- Under ‘Visa information’ look for ‘Visa class’
If issued, your visa class will be listed as FINAL.
Types of Visa in Saudi Arabia?
Saudi Arabia provides different types of visas depending on the nature, duration and purpose of travel. They include:
- Tourist visa
- Family visit visa
- Business visa
- Employment/work visa
- Hajj and Umrah visa
- Saudi transit visa
- Personal visit Visa
- Student visa
What is the validity of Saudi Visas?
The validity of each type of visa in Saudi Arabia is different. The tourist visa is valid up to 1 full year, i.e.365 days. Meanwhile the Hajj and Umrah visas are valid for 30 days and 3 months respectively. The work/employment visa is valid for 1year.
Saudi transit visa is valid up to 96 hours upon arrival. For Personal visit visa, the validity is 90 days in the case of single-entry and for multiple entry visas, it is 365 days.
Saudi provides business and family visit visa in two types: – Single-entry and Multiple-entry. The single-entry business visa is valid for 3 months, while the multiple-entry is from 6 months to 12 months from the date of issuance. In the case of single-entry family visit visa, it is valid for 90 days and the multiple-entry visa is valid for 1 year.
How long is the duration of stay of Saudi Visas?
Like the validity of each visa, the period of stay also depends upon the type of visa. The tourist visa provides maximum duration of 90-days at single and multiple-entries. At the same time the work visa allows the foreign nationals to work in the country for about 6 months.
The duration of stay of single-entry visa is 30-days while that of multiple-entry visas are 90 days. Certain visas can be extended with additional fees.
How to check the status of family visit visa?
To check the family visit visa application status, you can go to the MOFA website. All you need is a visa number and an Iqama number. The steps involved are:
- Visit MOFA website
- Change the inquiry type to ‘Visa document number’
- Enter the Visa number and ID number (Iqama number).
- Fill out the Captcha code
- Press on ‘Search’
After that, all the related details will be shown on the next page.
What are the steps to check the validity and status of Work Visa?
In the case of a work permit visa, there are ways to check the validity and status of the visa. Through the MOFA website, you can check the work permit visa status ksa. It includes:
- Go to the MOFA platform
- Enter the work visa number in the ‘Visa Issued Number’ box
- Choose Visa Issuing Authority
- Enter the Sponsor ID
- Enter the Captcha code and select the Search button
On the next page, you could see all the details including validity, category, employer name, etc.
Saudi Visa Overstay fine
If any individual is caught in Saudi even after their visa expiry day, they will be punished for overstaying. A fine/penalty of 100SAR will be charged per day for overstaying. If you still continue to stay after the allotted time for so long, it results in legal actions and even deporting.
How long is the Saudi Visa Processing Time?
The standard processing time for a Saudi visa is usually 5 days. But it may vary depending on the Embassy and other factors such as type of visa. At times it may extend to 2 weeks. In the case of Saudi e-visa, the processing time ranges from 1-2 days mostly.
For better travel service and experience, it is required to check the Saudi Arabia visa status as well as the validity of employment, family, exit/ re-entry and, visit visa.
These can be acquired through online services such as MOFA, MOL, Absher and Muqeem. With passport, Iqama, application number and other required details one could access the e-visa status and validity.