E-scooters are attaining their popularity recently and people find this as one of the comfortable means of transport. But for the safety of the population, it is insisted to have an e-scooter permit by the RTA. For those who have a valid international driving license or motorcycle license or full-vehicle driver’s license do not require the e-scooter permit. Otherwise, it is necessary to hold the e-scooter permit. Now, RTA is offering the online platform that makes people to access the service more easily without any hassle.
How to get the e-scooter permit?
To get the online e-scooter permit, follow the steps:
- Go to RTA website
- Under Services, select View Public Transport services
- Choose ‘Apply for an Electrical Scooter Driving Permit’
- Click Apply Now
- On the next page, two options are given: Yes, I hold Emirates ID and No, I’m a Visitor
- If you are citizen of UAE, Enter Emirates ID number and expiry date
- If you are a visitor, first you’ll be asked if you have an international license. If not, then enter your name, date of birth, and mobile number active in UAE.
- After filling in the details, for citizens, the next step is to enter your mobile number linked with Emirates ID.
- Click on Next
- Once entered the active mobile number in both cases, you’ll soon receive an OTP on the registered mobile.
- Enter the OTP
- Your registration for the permit is completed.
- Next step is to enter your email address and select the preferred language
- Tick on the terms and conditions.
- Click on Submit.
- With this your application form is successfully completed
- Now you’ll be redirected to online theory lecture provided by RTA
- After completing the training lecture, you have to take an online test.
- Once you passed the test, the electronic permit is granted.
Keep in mind, that if you are a visitor it is advised that you must always carry your passport while using e-scooter according to RTA.
Online Training Process and Test
RTA is not simply giving the permit to the people. Even after completing the application, the applicant is supposed to attend an online theory lecture. It is an awareness programme helping the applicant to know more about e-scooters. This training process contains almost 10 topics dealing with all the dos and don’ts of e-scooters.
When the theory classes are completed, the next step is to evaluate the applicant with an online test. Everything you have heard during the classes is comprised to a test. It usually ranges to about 20 minutes. If the applicant manages to score 75%, the permit is given online.
Who can apply?
Anyone be it a citizen or visitor who is above the age of 16 could apply.
E-scooters help the people to travel to several spots freely without any troubles. It is one of the safest and easiest means of transportation. The service is free of cost.
With the above mentioned steps, one could easily access the e-scooter permit from RTA. Getting an e-scooter permit for free through RTA is simple and necessary. UAE is one of the fastest growing countries with immense tourist spots across Dubai, Qatar, Abu Dhabi and etc.