UAE is one country that welcomes ex-pats, especially Indians greatly. Many Indian passport holders are residing for work, education, business and so on. For those, whose passport is about to expire can now easily apply for renewal within the country itself. BLS International service centres and Indian Embassy’s Passport Seva service help you in the process of renewal.
- Current passport
- Appointment letter
- Copy of visa
- Proof of residency visa
- If the current passport requires any sort of changes like address, mobile number, etc. then the application needs police verification.
- Applicant must be physically present for submitting the application
- If the applicant is a minor, both their parents must come along with their passport
How to renew Indian Passport through BLS International
BLS International is an authentic and approved agency that deals with passport and visa services. Indians who need to renew their passports can visit the BLS service centres located in different parts of the emirates.
After booking an appointment via the BLS website, the applicant must visit the nearest centre along with the documents to renew the passport. Fill in the application form accurately provided by the centre. When your token comes, submit all the documents and application form to the respective service officer and pay the fees included. After that, sign the application form in the presence of the officer and the process of renewal is initiated.
Later, the Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi or the Consulate General of India in Dubai processes the application.
What are the steps to book an appointment?
To renew, you need to visit BLS centres. For that, first, it is necessary to book an appointment. To book an appointment, follow the steps:
- Go to BLS international website
- Under Schedule an Appointment, choose “Book Appointment For Passport”
- Fill in the application form
- Click on submit
- A pop-up box appears and Click OK
- Again click on Submit
- An OTP will be sent to your registered email address
- Enter the OTP
- Click on submit
The next page shows your appointment confirmation letter. You can print it or sent it to your mail id.
How to renew an Indian passport via Passport Seva?
Indian Embassy’s Passport Seva service is also providing the renewal service. For that, follow the steps:
- Go to the Passport Seva portal
- Select the region (African and Middle East) and country (UAE)
- Login to your account. If not, Register and Create an account
- Click on ‘Apply for Ordinary Passport’ from the homepage
- Choose the required details such as passport type, booklet and etc. For renewal, select ‘Passport Reissue’
- Fill out the details including personal, family, passport and address
- After filling in all the information, you will be given a list of questions which you have to answer.
- Click on Submit after verifying all the details.
Now you must take the printout of this application and carry it to the BLS service centre for further procedure. To visit the BLS centre, you must take a prior appointment.
How to renew passport urgently?
Those, who need to get their passport urgently without any delay must use the ‘BLS Premium Lounge’ service. This service is provided by the BLS website. Those who wish to have a personalised service can use this and book an appointment for the renewal. They will get a quick appointment and may not have to wait.
What is the duration to get the new passport?
The processing time for the renewal takes minimum of 5 working days and at most 30 days. This is the same for all the passport-issuing authorities in UAE. Meanwhile, Tatkal takes minimum of 2 working days for renewing and issuing. The new passport along with the old one will be couriered to your given address.
Cost of renewal
The cost of renewal for both adults and minors is different. Those who chose the Tatkal service (premium), also have different fees. If the passport is expired, you’ll have to pay additional fines also. Another fact is that the passport is available in two different booklets– one in 36 and the other in 60-page.
For the passport renewal of adults, it costs about AED285 (36-page) and AED380 (60-page). In the case of minors, the service charge is around AED190.
Similarly, if the applicant uses a premium service (Tatkal), then the fees for adults are AED855 (30-page) and AED950 (60-page). For minors, the cost is around AED760.
People who want to renew their Indian passports from UAE can use the BLS international service. This is a simple and effective method. With the BLS online platform, one can book their appointment and thereby avoid the wastage of time in the centres. The service centres are available in almost all the emirates for the convenience of customers. If presented with the relevant documents and information, one can easily apply for the renewal and get the passport within a few days.