MoFA attestation in UAE is the compulsory procedure to validate the authenticity of important certificates and documents required for visa, employment, study, medical, or any other purposes. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC), often known as MoFA UAE, offers all attestation services for papers issued in the UAE, whether they were printed domestically or abroad.
Types of certificates attested by MoFA
- Birth and death certificates
- Medical certificates
- Educational certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce contracts
- Bank statements
- Power of attorney
- Personal tax certificates
- Commercial contracts and invoices
Who is eligible to apply for MoFA attestation in UAE?
Anyone who belongs to one of the following categories is eligible for MoFA attestation in UAE:
What are the requirements to do attestations?
If you want to attest a document, you have to follow these two steps:
- Get the document verified by the UAE Embassy, Consulate, or Foreign Office in the nation where it was issued
- After that, you would need to have the UAE’S Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MOFAIC) certify the certificate
Procedures for MoFA attestation in UAE
Step 1: Register yourself
- Open the MoFAIC registration portal
- Select your customer type (individual or company)
- Enter the information in the spaces given and submit
Access to all UAE smart services is possible for both nationals and visitors who have a smart pass account.
Step 2: Apply for MOFAIC attestation in UAE
This website takes you to a smart form after you log into the portal
Fill in the form with the required information
Attach the document that you want to get attested
Select the intended authority for attestation and submit
Step 3: Application review
Your application is submitted, and your chosen authority receives it for evaluation. If the application satisfies all requirements, you will receive approval so that you can move through the payment.
Step 4: Pay the fees
Visit MoFAIC website
- Log into your account
- Select “My tasks “
- Make the payment
Step 5: Get documents attested
People in UAE can courier the documents to MoFAIC in the final stage of MoFAIC attestation; you’ll get the documents back after everything is finished. Bringing the required documentation and the payment receipt, you can stop by any one of these five MoFAIC attestation facilities.
MoFAIC Attestation centres locations:
- Al Tawar Center, Al Twar 2, Dubai
- Emirates Towers, Dubai
- Yas Tasheel Center, Mussafah, Abu Dhabi
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in Dubai in the Consulates neighborhood, Bur Dubai
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation 0ffice, Al Dafreen area
Both expatriates and foreigners who are applying through the UAE embassy or mission must visit in person.