To supervise and executes Operation Audit assignments in accordance with the Department’s Internal Audit Plan and International Internal Audit standards; performs routine and non-routine internal audits, investigations, procedures/ policies review, project participation and administrative assignments, evaluation and reporting assignment results; and review of work performed by the members of the audit team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Assist Head of the Department in preparing a comprehensive, long-range Audit Plan covering all the Operational and Financial activities of DTCM, prioritizing the audit assignments based on a risk assessment, and scheduling of follow-up activities, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Performs surveys of functions and activities in assigned areas to determine nature of operations and adequacy of system of control to achieve the objectives of audit assignment.
- Prepares the audit plan to conduct the audit and prepares the Audit work program.
- Recommends necessary staff requirement to complete the engagement.
- Assists the Auditors in performing of individual audit tasks, to conduct the audit efficiently and to address the major risks of the auditable activity.
- Performs the audit of individual activity assigned to him to achieve the planned audit objectives in a professional manner.
- Makes oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing observations and recommending corrective action to improve operations.
- Prepare/Reviews and edits the Draft Audit Report, action plan and executive summary.
- Attends opening/closing conferences along with Head of Operations and Financial Audit
- Follow up with auditee to get an update on the audit action plan and appraise the adequacy of corrective actions taken as per the audit recommendation.
- Provides input for the revision of audit programs/review approach to achieve specific objectives in more effective/efficient manner.
- Participates in the review of user related procedure/policies for improvement and sign off to ensure they provide for adequate and efficient internal controls.
- All the above accountabilities includes but not limited to any additional/new tasks or responsibilities assigned by the line Manager.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration or any relevant discipline;
- Master’s degree or any professional certification ( desired)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.dubaicareers.ae.