IT Support Technician
Dubai Silicon Oasis
Email: [email protected]
Skype ID: luzindaroland30
Date of Birth: 14/07/1990
I am an adaptable Computer Scientist with additional experience in hospitality business with a very good knowledge of Opera PMS systems, and project-management, server management and end-user support, planning, customer care and service, interpersonal and collaboration skills, a great team player, Hardworking, fast learner, Flexible, able to lift 50kgs, and able to work under minimum supervision and under pressure.
2010-2017 Makerere University
BSc Computer Science
Modules included: Software engineering, Networking and Communications technology, CCNA, A+Hardware, Programming in Java, Logic and C, Project Management, Information systems, Formal Methods and Numerical Analysis.
2008-2009 Makerere College School
A-level: Physics, Economics and Mathematics.
2004-2007 Ndejje Senior Secondary School
Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)
1997-2003 Budo Junior School
Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE)
Projects and Additional Training
· Extended project (part of Under-Graduate degree): ‘Designing an online multimedia store’
· Certificate in Introduction to Computers with MS Windows, Word processing with MS Word, Spread sheets with Ms Excel, Database Management with MS Access, Presentations with MS Power Point, Graphic Design with Adobe Illustrator and Desktop Publishing with Adobe PageMaker from Polytechnic of Information Technology.
· Projects (at work): Designing website for IT Logic (U) LTD, BMS Investigations Agency Ltd, and Iris Tours and Travel in Drupal, and Entebbe FC with Bootstrap. Intranet platform development in Drupal and Liferay. Revamping Kiemkracht64.com website in WordPress. Deploying Open source Server environment with Zentyal 4.0 Servers (DC, DNS, File Sharing, and Database Server Roles), and Network Firewall (pfSense) on Proxmox VE. Upgrading Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2007 to Windows Server 2012 R2 and Exchange Server 2013. Setting up a Linux mail filter and gateway in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS using Kaspersky for Linux Mail Servers integrated with Postfix. Deploying Application and Print Server Roles on Windows Server 2012 R2. Setting up VMs in VMware vSphere.
· Industrial Training: Uganda Revenue Authority where I got equipped with a number of practical skills in Hardware and software maintenance, implementing local security on computers, and programming skills in C#, MVC3 ASP.Net platform, and implemented a Microsoft SQL database.
· Conference at Makerere College School: Web design and publishing software using Macromedia Dreamweaver version MX2004 organised by Schoolnet Uganda.
· Customer Care Training at IT Logic (U) LTD: Ensuring Ultimate and Consistent Customer Satisfaction.
· Completed Venza Certification course.
· Took Lobster Ink courses on Active Shooter situations
· Microsoft technologies including; Windows Server 2012R2 and 2008 (with DFS, DNS, DHCP, SSO, VPN, and AD, to mention but a few), Exchange Server 2013 (DAG), .NET, VB.Net, Microsoft SQL database, and Hyper-V.
· Linux technologies including; Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS (LDAP), Zentyal Server 3.3 – 4 (Open Change, File Server, DNS), Zimbra Server, Open-source mail filters and mail relay servers, network firewalls (Pfsense), proxy servers and Oracle Virtual Box.
· Virtual Machine Technologies: VMware vSphere, Proxmox VE, Hyper-V and Oracle Virtual Box.
· Networking technologies including Router and Managed Switch configurations (Setting up LANS, VLANs, VAP and VPNs), firmware upgrades and downgrades, Fibre network management.
· Network monitoring and security using Kaspersky Admin Kit, Trend Micro Anti-Virus, Packet analysers, network scanning and monitoring tools (Belarc Advisor, and PRTG Monitor).
· Printer Technologies including: Canon printers, Avery Dennison label printers, Zebra Printers, Toshiba label printers, and LaserJet printers.
· Scheduled Backup solutions: Cobian backup, Symantec backup, Veeam Backup, Linux system configuration and data backups, onsite and offsite backup configurations.
· Server Clustering and backup storage solutions; Using DAS and NAS technology, Tape Autoloaders and Tape Libraries.
· Cloud solutions: ownCloud
· Web Designing Packages including Drupal, Joomla, Liferay, WordPress, and Bootstrap
· Web publishing.
· Hotel packages; Opera PMS, Fidelio, Micros
Work experience and Additional skills
2019 – Now IT Support Technician (temporary contract), Emerald Palace Kempinski
Assisting IT Manager, Department Heads, users and guests for the effective operation of Fidelio, Opera, Micros, networking, telephones, PC’ s and other systems. Conducting relevant periodic training and refresher training courses for the users. Monitoring usage of available resources (software and hardware). Troubleshooting problems in Fidelio, Opera, Micros and other systems. Supporting users in their daily operations. Performing best practices application and systems diagnosis and troubleshooting techniques in order to resolve all service affecting issues. Documenting all communication in the Ticketing System, and update users regularly on active tickets.
Additional Skills: Team working, efficient and timely communication, effective documentation, operation and effective troubleshooting of Opera, Fidelio and Micros systems, effective IT resource monitoring.
2016-2019 Production and Supply Chain Planner, FIDUGA (U) LTD
Planning for expected production over a specific period of time (Short-term, and mid-term, and long term). Receive and review orders against stock available and production expected. Making decisions on how, and when to deliver orders placed. Communicate forecasted shortages (both long-term, and short-term). Reporting directly to the Manager supply chain Fiduga (U) Ltd.
Additional Skills: Team working, efficient shortage resolution, efficient production and supply chain planning, efficient and timely communication, efficient time management and accomplishment of tasks.
2015-2016 Assistant Technical Manager, Head of Software Department, IT Logic (U) LTD
Bringing new IT solutions on board, and heading the technical team during deployment of solutions at client’s premises. Heading software development projects, and equipping the technical team with various IT skills to develop their skillset. Carrying out surveys, and Drafting proposals for IT solutions required by clients. Taking part in board meetings and assisting management to make key company IT decisions. Building and maintaining servers, networks, websites, and end-user computers. Carrying out both server and end-user support at various clients (both on-site and remotely). Formulating IT Policies for various clients. Conducting corporate trainings on IT policies and various IT related issues faced by end-users. Taking part in conferences on emerging IT technologies on the market (especially Microsoft conferences). Reporting directly to the Technical Manager IT Logic (U) LTD.
Additional skills: customer service, efficient communication, team working, leadership, administration, troubleshooting and resolving advanced server and end-user computer related issues, planning, commercial judgment, and research.
2013-2015 Technical Support Staff, and Web designer, IT Logic (U) LTD
Carrying out End-user support (solving end-user related problems), managing and maintaining computer systems including servers both in Linux and Windows environment at various clients’ sites. Developing and updating websites, and Intranet platforms. Troubleshooting and solving network, peripheral and desktop/laptop computer related failures. Assembling hardware equipment and making software installations and configurations. Evaluating, Testing, advising, training and supporting IT related advancements at clients’ offices. Writing documentation for ICT procedures, security and disaster recovery. Configuring and monitoring automatic backups for client’s data, system state.
Additional skills: customer care, inter-personal skills, team working, time management, troubleshooting, and reporting skills.
2009-2013 Author, MK Publishers (U) LTD
Writing ICT books for O and A-level schools (grade 1-6) for use in various African countries.
Additional skills: team working, time keeping, efficient communication, efficient research, and meeting deadlines.
2009-2010 Secondary School Teacher, Premier Academy Massajja
Teaching Computer studies, English language, Physics and History.
Additional skills: time keeping, planning, research, teaching, and team working
2009-2010 Data Entry Officer, EMINENCE Uganda LTD
Entering details relating to the Report of Death to the Administrator General in the Office of the Administrator General.
Additional skills: typing speed, data entry, confidentiality, result driven, dependability, accuracy, working to deadlines, attention to detail, improved communication, and team working.
Achievements and Interests
· An Active member of the Drupal web designer’s community.
· Took part in the Olympic Day under the auspices of the National Olympic Committee of Basketball on 21/06/09 at Makerere University Main Sports grounds.
· Basketball school team captain of Makerere College School in 2009, I participated in the Kampala Qualifiers Basketball Tournament at Crane High School and qualified for the National Schools Basketball Championships.
· Participated in the National and District Schools Basketball Championships at Seeta High School and Ndejje Senior Secondary School respectively in 2007 under Ndejje Senior Secondary School.
Referees: Jacques Rogge,
International Olympic Committee President.
Ndejje Senior Secondary School,
P.O. Box 163 Bombo, Uganda.
Mr Ahmed Tamale,
Mobile Phone Number: +256772459186
Chairman National Schools’ BasketBall Association.
Mrs Agnes Ssebayiga,
Head teacher Makerere College School, Kampala
Mr Kityo Galiwango Michael,
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Phone Number: +256772504588
Instruction Director at Polytechnic of Information Technology
Director Premier Academy Massajja
P. O. Box 10680 Kampala.
Mr Musoke Majwega,
C.E.O MK Publishers LTD.
P. O. Box 12385, Kampala
Mr Kakinda Danis,
Co-ordinator Schoolnet Uganda.
Manager BMS Investigations LTD
Mobile Phone Number: +256774344676
P.O.Box 10476, Kampala
Mr Senfuka Geofrey
Manager EMINENCE Uganda LTD
Mobile Phone Number: +256702270063
Mrs Rose Kisembo
Manager Software Department Uganda Revenue Authority
Mobile Phone Number: +256707440054
Mr Jemba E.S. Rogers
C.E.O IT Logic (U) LTD
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Phone Number: +256772402976
Mr Kyambadde Drake
Manager Supply Chain Fiduga (U) LTD
Mobile Phone Number: +256772722046
Mr Mutesaasira Martin
IT Supervisor Emerald Palace Kempinski
Mobile Phone Number: +971504184460
I hereby declare that the above particulars mentioned are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.