Assistant Restaurant Manager
The Human Resources Department
Binu Barvin Sam,
E-Mail: [email protected]
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF: Assistant Restaurant Manager
DEAR SIR/ MADAM:
I am very keen to apply for the above position. My plans for a career in F&B
Service. I feel confident that I would be competent at the job. At the same time, I would
like to learn more about the hotel systems and procedures. I have a proven track record
in almost all of the competencies you’re seeking, here are a few highlights:
• I have been awarded the Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
from reputed Institute of Hotel Management which is approved by Tamilnadu
• In addition to my extensive Hotel experience, I have strong communication,
customer service, and administrative skills. My broad background makes me an
excellent candidate for this position.
• My long term experience in the Hotel industry with companies like Jumeirah,
Singaar International, The pride Hotel, Taj Garden Retreat all has taught me how
to meet and exceed each customer’s expectations with service that provides. I
have assisted all types of customers in all types of Situations.
I would enjoy an opportunity to talk with you or someone in your organization to see
where my skill set would be of the greatest benefit to the company.
Thanks & Regards,
Binu Barvin Sam,
• Gulf experienced professional
• Motivating, training and developing colleagues
• Role model of Jumeirah culture
• Expertise in F&B management
• Budgeting and cost control
• Profit maximization and revenue achievement
• Adherence to policies and standards
• Guest service and customer relations skills
Post Applying For : Assistant Restaurant Manager
BINU BRAVIN SAM
Mobile : +97156 4323207
Email: [email protected]
Dynamic management professional with 12 years of progressive experince in
Hospitality Industry including the UAE. Well-trained in food and beverage outlet
management and customer service functions with outstanding track record in
achieving set goals within parameters of cost, quality, time, profitability and
resource utilization. Proven expertise in culinary management, five-star hotel dining
with strong competencies in handling colleagues in an effective manner, conducting
trainings, solving any type of customer complaints and delivering top quality service.
A dedicated leader striving towards making positive contributions and providing
excellent guest service and satisfaction.
• SENIOR TEAM LEADER – Plaj Pool and Beach Bar Restaurant
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Dubai December 2014 – to Till Present
• Assistant Outlet Manager – All Day Dining Restaurant
Hotel Vijayatha, India January 2013 – October 2014
• Team Leader – Khaymat al bahar All Day Dining Restaurant
Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai May 2010 – July 2012
• Senior Waiter – Alhambra Spanish Restaurant
Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai September 2008 – April 2010
• Waiter – Pool and Beach Bar Restaurant
Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai November 2005 – September 2008
• Senior Waiter – All Day Dining Restaurant
Hotel Singar International, India December 2004 – May 2005
• Senior Waiter
Hotel Vijayatha, India January 2004 – November 2004
Proven Job Role
Areas of Expertise
Food and Beverage Management
• Administering outlet including the operations therein, ensuring professional and
organized work environment is fostered as well as top-quality service standards are
• Managing food service with an aim to provide prompt, quality and personalized attention.
• Working closely with the Outlet Manager in planning new menus in accordance to Outlets’
menu cycles while maintaining food and beverage cost within set budget.
• Working Closely Organizing the colleague’s duty roster and shifts to ensure appropriate
staffing and time balance hence met work requirements. Likewise, responsible for
• Conducting daily briefings to colleagues and utilizing said meetings as a two way
communication tool for training and corrective action.
• Carry out performance appraisal of colleagues under supervision in accordance with
Hotel’s policy. Analyzing training needs and duly devise development plan for the same.
• Promote a helpful and professional image to all customers with full co-operation
when requiring assistance, ensuring a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
• Supervise and direct immediate staff to ensure correct methods of service are
maintained. Check that the staffs are in the appropriate outlet uniform, well
groomed and clean at all times.
• Maintain regular and effective communication within the team and attend to hotel
meetings when necessary.
• Complete knowledge of the outlets food and beverage items. Ensure staffs receive
on the job training and have the necessary skills to perform their duties to the best
quality and efficiency. A staff briefing should be given prior to every service.
• Build an efficient team of staff and ensure continues improvement by taking an
active interest in the welfare, safety, development and motivation of the team
• Appraise the collegaues if required to maximize strengths and address
• Promote sales awareness within the department and maximize sales opportunities.
• Handle immediate problems independently; report complaints to the Outlet
• Establish good working relationships with all other departments in the hotel. Liaise
with the Outlet Manager and Assistant F&B manager to maintain and enhance the
quality of food items to be available in the outlet.
• Comply with statutory and legal requirements for fire, health and safety.
Diploma in Hotel Management
2000 to 2003
Department Of Employment and Training Chennai, India
Trainings program compleated
• Basic food hygiene
• 1st Step Leader ship
• On the job trainer
• Complaint handling
• Lobster ink
• Developing talent
• Sequence of service Training
• Fundamental of excellence
• accelerated leadership training
• MS Office
• Seven Rooms
Nationality : Indian
Marital Status : Married
Visa Status : Employment Visa
Spoken Languages : English,Tamil,Malayalam,Hindhi