Qantas has come a long way from its roots in 1920 rural Queensland operating joy rides and air taxi flights to the world class international group that it is today. We now operate in one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic industries and have continued to grow and be successful.
Our growth and our current position in the market is a direct result of the people who work with Qantas and the contribution they make every day. We are very conscious that building and developing a team of experienced and motivated people has been, and will continue to be, key to our success. We proudly value and acknowledge the dedication of our 35,000 plus employees, 90% of whom are based in Australia and the rest in over 30 countries around the world.
Whether aviation is your passion, you are looking for a successful and rewarding career, or you want to develop your skills and experience in a dynamic and challenging environment, there could be something great here for you. The Qantas story is a tangible part of the way we work today and the people who work here, enhanced by best practices and world class standards.
Remuneration and Benefits
Qantas is committed to providing meaningful jobs with competitive salaries and superior benefits. The Qantas Group offers flexible work conditions including part-time work and job sharing where possible.
At Qantas we believe employees should be able to balance their work and their personal commitments
In Australia we provide a range of initiatives for eligible employees including:
- Opportunities for reduced cost air fare travel
- 12 weeks’ paid maternity leave (including adoption) and up to 2 years unpaid maternity leave
- One weeks’ paid paternity leave (including adoption)
- 10 days carer’s leave per annum
- Salary sacrifice programs (eg. superannuation, motor vehicle)
- A comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on a range of products and services
- Access to affordable, high quality employer sponsored childcare centres (Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane)
In other countries we provide competitive remuneration and a range of benefits for eligible employees including opportunities for reduced cost air travel and access to a free Employee Assitance Program.